HomeBuilder Grant & how Acumentis property valuers can assist.
On the 4th of June 2020, the Australian Government announced a $25,000 HomeBuilder Grant which will be made available to eligible owner-occupiers, who are keen to build a new home or undertake a substantial renovation in their existing homes.
In a nutshell, subject to certain conditions, you will be eligible for a $25,000 grant within the period of 4 June 2020 and 31 December 2020, if
- You want to renovate a home to live in, where renovations will cost between $150,000 and $750,000 and the value of the property before the renovation is less than $1,500,000
- Build a new home where the building costs and the value of the land is less than $750,000
- Demolish and build a home to live in where the total of the new build and the value of the cost of land is less than $750,000
How can Acumentis Assist?
One of the requirements to apply for the grant is for you to provide an evidence of the value of
- your home before the renovations OR
- the value of a vacant piece of land (if it was bought more than a year ago) OR
- the value of the land which has your existing property which you want to demolish and rebuild.
Acumentis is now offering Valuation reports to help you provide the documentation to apply for the grant.
Fee: This valuation report can be obtained for a mere fee starting at $350 + GST and is delivered to you within 2 working days.
The highly experienced valuation experts at Acumentis prepare this report based on the comprehensive market insights and local intel that they have access to.
HomeBuilder Grant Criteria Snapshot for Renovations:
|Commonwealth Government Home Builder Scheme
|Amount of grant
||$125,000 for singles $200, 000 combined for couples FY 2018-2019
||Minimum spend of $150,000
|First Home Buyers
|Property Price Caps
||Renovation contracts must be between $150,000 and $750,000 and overall existing property must not exceed $1.5 million in value
||Enter a contract on or between 4th June 2020 and 31st December 2020
|Construction Start Times
||Must commence within 3 months of the contract date
HomeBuilder Grant Criteria for Land and Home packages or Building a new home on a piece of land:
The regulations vary from state to state. Please contact us for an obligation free chat and quote.
Contact us now for your market appraisal and build your dream home!
To view the eligibility criteria in detail and apply for the grant please visit your respective state government’s website.
Terms and Conditions apply.